Keep your fish healthy and your fish tank clean with these simple steps.
You Will Need
* A large plastic cup
* A large bowl
* A scooping net
* A sink
* An algae scrubber
* Clean gravel (optional)
Use a large plastic cup to remove water from the tank to a large bowl. Scoop fish from the dirty tank and put them in the bowl.
Turn off the filter on your fish tank. Remove half of the dirty water using a cup, and dump it into a sink.
Change about one quarter of the water in the tank every two weeks to keep the algae levels low.
Clean the inside of the tank with an algae scrubber. Rinse and scrub until the glass is clean.
Scoop out the rest of the water until you get to the gravel at the bottom of the tank.
Replace the gravel only if absolutely necessary. The fish need a stable environment, so some remaining bacteria is good for them.
Refill the tank with clean water and restart the filter. Let the filter run for about an hour.
Scoop your fish from the bowl to the tank, and let them enjoy their newly cleaned home.
Fact: Scientists discovered the world's smallest fish in Indonesia. A member of the carp family, it's less than eight millimeters long.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades